KEVIN Hart has spoken out about his crash for the first time as it was claimed his friend’s “sudden acceleration” caused the “reckless” smash.
The comic, 40, was a passenger in his 1970 Plymouth Barracuda when it flipped off a road in Malibu last month – leaving him with back injuries.
Kevin Hart suffered three spinal fractures in a horror crash in Malibu Hills in the early hours of September 1[/caption]
Hart, 40, had to undergo surgery for a broken back after the horror crash – and is in agonising pain as he continues his gruelling recovery[/caption]
Hart’s friend, Jared Black – who was behind the wheel – put his foot down and lost control of the souped-up car, a report said.
Law enforcement sources told TMZ the burst of speed caused the car to spin and crash through a fence and into an embankment on the California road.
Despite sources saying the crash was caused by “driver error”, Hart did not appear to have any hard feelings towards Black.
Breaking his silence, Hart said he has “nothing but love for Jared” in a new statement released through his attorney.
He also wished Black and the driver’s 31-year-old fiancée Rebecca Broxterman – who was also in the car – a “speedy recovery”.
It’s believed none of the three people in the vintage car – nicknamed ‘Menace’ – were wearing a seatbelt.
Cops said that if belts were worn at the time of the crash, “they were being worn improperly due to excessive slack in the belts.”
Black, 28, was airlifted to hospital after he was found trapped under the car’s roof following the September 1 smash.
The report reiterated that Black was not under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
It said he violated the law, but did not say whether charges were likely.
Amazingly, Broxterman, 31, escaped with minor injuries despite being found pinned between the top of the right passenger seat and the collapsed roof of the car.
She was in the back seat, even though the report found the car was, “not outfitted to carry rear seat passengers”.
The crash report by the California Highway Patrol detailed that Kevin left the scene of the accident while Black and Broxterman remained trapped, TMZ says.
The Sun previously reported that a witness saw Hart being was removed from his totalled 1970 Plymouth Barracuda by security before being whisked away in a black Escalade.
Hart, 40, was then taken to his Hollywood Hills home, where a friend dialled 911 to report that the actor was seriously injured.
When asked about his condition, she told the dispatcher: “He’s not coherent at all.”
'The Menace': Kevin Hart's 1970 Plymouth Barracuda
KEVIN Hart’s blue beauty is custom-made by Speedkore, based in Wisconsin, USA.
The high-powered vehicle is based around Plymouth’s third-generation Barracuda, recreating its classic styling with modern tech underneath.
Hart’s car has a Hellcat V-8 Hemi engine generating 720 bhp, propelling it from 0-60 mph in just 3.6 seconds.
Its engine was also paired with a ZF eight-speed automatic transmission, which sends its power to the rear wheels.
The interior was also completely redone, and its dashboard was given a retro feel, to keep the 1970s look.
The new report also found the modified vintage car did not have an anti-lock braking system.
The Sun previously reported on how experts claimed Hart’s car was missing vital safety features.
Multiple owners of car customising shops said it’s “highly unusual” for vehicles with 720 horsepower to be outfitted without a five-point harness and a roll cage.
The expert car outfitters also said if the features had been in place, Hart could have been spared his horrific back injuries.
Hart was released from the hospital last month and has been recovering at home.
The comedian, who has been undergoing gruelling rehab for his back, reportedly returned to work this week.
MOST READ IN NEWS
GETTING HIS U-BEND AWAY
Randy plumber caught having sex with man's wife in customer's house
LURED TO HIS DEATH
Mum charged with murdering boy, 18, 'who raped her 6-year-old daughter’
Vardy slams Coleen saying 'arguing with her would be like arguing with pigeon'
Oxford consultant sparks fury accusing students of dressing like 'hookers'
'Shy' student, 19, who touched girl, 17, on waist 'in bid to chat' faces jail
Creepy Angelina Jolie ‘lookalike’, 22, faces YEARS in Iranian hellhole prison
According to TMZ, Hart participated in promo shoots for his upcoming film, Jumanji: The Next Level.
The website said that while Hart is “nowhere near 100 per cent yet,” he “is committed to fulfilling his commitments as best as he can.”
“Kevin has not been in full costume for these shoots and he’s not walking much for them either — sitting through most of the day — even though he can walk on his own these days,” the site added.
Hart, 40, bought the car – nicknamed ‘Menace’ – as a birthday present to himself in July[/caption]
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at email@example.com or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.