A TODDLER has drowned in a bucket while her parents were glued to a TV news report of boy who died after falling down a well.

Two-year-old Revathi Sanjana fell into a tub of water in the bathroom of her home in Tamil Nadu in India last night and drowned before her parents realised what had happened.

NINTCHDBPICT000535509582 - Girl, 2, drowns in a bucket while her parents were glued to TV news report of boy who died falling down well
Revathi Sanjana, 2, fell into a tub of water and drowned
Twitter

Revathi’s parents found their daughter motionless and she was declared dead shortly after in hospital, the Indian Express reported.

The little girl reportedly fell into the three-foot bucket while trying to fetch water.

Her parents had ben distracted while watching the 80-hour failed rescue attempt of three-year-old Sujith Wilson which has gripped India.

In a similar scenario, Sujith fell into a 100ft open well on Friday while playing outside his house in the Tamil Nadu village of Nadukattupatti.

Rescuers attempted to dig through the hard rocky ground and dug a hole parallel to the well using an oil drill in a bid to reach the boy.

Attempts were also made to use robotic devices to lower ropes to latch onto the boy’s wrist.

Tragically they were only able to uncover his dead body.

Local official J Radhakrishnan told local media: “We found his body to be highly decomposed.”

However, the boy’s family accused the local government of ‘negligent behaviour’ and the tragedy has since gained massive social media attention.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted: “My prayers are with the young and brave Sujith Wilson…Every effort is being made to ensure that he is safe.”

There are no reports of any arrests over two-year-old Revathi Sanjana’s death in the family’s bathroom last night.

In rural India, children’s deaths by well falls are not uncommon where holes are often dug illegally and left open.

Earlier this year a two-year-old toddler tragically lost her life when she drowned in a bucket as her mum was cooking in the kitchen just feet away.

Little Elmar Dahil fell into the bucket which her mother, Fatma Dahil, had been using to clean the family home in the city of Bursa, capital of north-western Turkey’s Bursa Province.

And in Spain a baby boy died after “playing” near a bucket of bleach left in the kitchen by his parents, it’s claimed.

Police say the nine-month-old either drowned or was overcome by toxic fumes after crawling to the container at his home in Valencia, Spain.

NINTCHDBPICT000535509583 - Girl, 2, drowns in a bucket while her parents were glued to TV news report of boy who died falling down well
In a similar scenario, three-year-old Sujith (second from right) fell into a 100ft open well while playing outside his house
Twitter
NINTCHDBPICT000535508552 - Girl, 2, drowns in a bucket while her parents were glued to TV news report of boy who died falling down well
Rescue workers use heavy digging equipment during an operation to rescue a toddler stuck in a deep well in India
Getty – Contributor

We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *